Pages

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Model Update

So I mentioned in my last post that my Shire had undergone some major changes; well here his is!
Ok so he has a LOT of work left and currently has the peg leg, but I fixed his head to look more draft-like, his sway back is gone and his legs and back got lengthened. These are not very good photos; his head looks so much bigger in the pictures than in reality! But I like the roman nose so much better than the original head!




And here is my other sculpture; Totilas! Extended Cantering Dressage Stallion. Ok I have to come up with a better name. So far though I am very happy with how he is come along. I definitely like working in oil clay better than sculpey. I like being able to smoosh out my mistakes




Ugh I have to mention the cat hair. Yes I have cats. Yes they like to get in the way. Yes they will and do sit in my lap while I sculpt. Hence all the cat hair stuck in the clay. Looks kinda gross, but I am such a sucker when they make the cute little mews, then slowly climb in my lap, then slowly circle, and then slowly lay down...Sometimes they are so quite and sneaky and I am so engrossed in my work that they get into my lap without me even noticing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment