Pages

Monday, April 15, 2013

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes!

I was talking to my boyfriend the other day, explaining that I love working in oil clay so much because it is so easy to remove bits I don't like and re-sculpt them. He said you can't be afraid to kill your darlings. That stuck with me, and about 15 minutes later I had cut my horse in half, dug out a lot of tinfoil and removed almost an inch from his length.


I think his proportions are much better and I managed to get the back rounded like a proper dressage horse. One valuable lesson I learned is that it isn't enough to know the proper proportions and percentages as well as how to scale up and down; you have to continue to check your measurements!!! After every tweak and change!!! Which I wasn't doing. Oh well, we live and learn. 

No comments:

Post a Comment